Monday, September 16, 2013

Did You Think To Pray?

A few days ago everyone in the family was grumpy. I could sense the tension building, trouble brewing.
Heidi Anne was whining and Char was exhausted. He had pretty much been up 24 hours straight. It was only 4:00 in the afternoon, but it looked like it was going to be a long night. I started getting tense, anxious, about ready to join the argument.

I had been taught that when you don't feel like praying that is when you need it the most. At that time, the thoughts of "You don't need to pray" or "Why pray over something so little?" I realized I HAD to pray.
I began to pray in earnest.

Suddenly, I felt clam. The atmosphere changed. I knew exactly what to say, how to handle everything, and given marching orders. I KNOW the Holy Ghost was the reason for the peaceful plan of attack and the house just felt warm again. Everyone settled down. We ended up having a lovely, fun filled, family night.

Did You Think To Pray? --Verse 2

When your heart was filled with anger,
Did you think to pray?
Did you plead for grace, my brother,
That you might forgive another
Who had crossed your way?


Oh, how praying rests the weary!
Prayer will change the night to day.
So, when life gets dark and dreary,
Don’t forget to pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment